Castillejar Cortijo Alba Nuevo, Granada, Andalucia, Spain 189,000 euros
Cortijo Alba Nueva, Castilléjar, Granada
Located on the sunny High Plains (the Altiplano) of Granada Province, this magical hideaway boasts a unique blend of features – with its stunning views of woods and mountains (including the famous peak of La Sagra). Secluded and totally private, Cortijo ALBA NUEVA nevertheless looks across the valley to the picturesque hilltop village of Castilléjar, just a 15-minute walk away.
Fifteen minutes further north by road lies the 16th century market town of Huéscar. A 90-minute drive to the southwest will bring you to the city of Granada, the world-famous Alhambra Palace and the ski resorts of the spectacular Sierra Nevada.
The property is set in 5,500sq metres of land, with secret terraces and slopes, and which eventually leads down to river walks and the lush valley of the Rio Guardal.
THE LAND comprises:
- 2 olive groves
- Banks of almond trees, figs, pomegranates and wild asparagus;
- A large field, set out for vegetable planting;
- An orchard, with 19 fruit trees: apricot, peach, apple, pear, nectarine, plum, fig and almond;
- A full irrigation system, leading from a tributary of the river that flows continuously through the land.
- An impressive 100 cubic foot swimming pool, surrounded by jasmine, roses and olive trees;
- A courtyard area, with built-in barbecue;
- A terrace, overlooking a small garden area;
- A spacious corral, with 3 separate storerooms and with ample opportunity for house extension;
- A set of iron gates, opening onto the driveway and large parking area close to the entrance to the house.
THE SINGLE-STOREY HOUSE comprises:
- A large salon (6m x 6m), with high ceiling, wood-burning stove and wall heating/air-conditioning unit;
- A modern, fully-fitted kitchen/diner (6m x 4.5m) with its own separate heating unit;
- A vast open-plan “gallery” area (8.5m x 5m), with wooden ceiling, skylights and beams, with large windows and doors that open directly onto the courtyard; the gallery also has a built-in heating unit with timer;
- 2 light and airy, large double bedrooms (each 6m x 3.5m), with heating/air-conditioning units included; (one of the bedrooms can be extended to include an en-suite bathroom);
- A shower room, with power shower, wash-basin and WC.
The property has both English and Spanish television. It also has telephone and internet connection.
*In 2007, Cortijo ALBA NUEVA – with its views and unique setting – provided the locations for the pilot episode of a new TV Drama Series. This unusually well-situated property, with its 2 acres of land on many levels, and spectacular views, retains that special photogenic ambiance.